Wednesday, September 9, 2009
1 cup chickpeas / Kabuli chana
2 medium tomatoes chopped
1 onion chopped
Cumin seeds /jeera
Basen /Gram flour
coriander powder (dhania)
1. Wash chickpeas well and soak in water overnight.
2. Pressure cook the chickpeas with the water. See to it Chickpeas is soft and tender.
3. Fry woth little oil and blend the tomatoes, onion, ginger and garlic to make paste.
4. Heat the oil in a saucepan.. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, add basen stir-fry until basen is light gold brown.
5. Next add tomato paste, coriander powder fry until the oil is separating from the mixture and the mixture should be about half in volume.
6. Add salt, garam masala,chilli powder, a pinch of suger, turmeric powder and cooked chick peas.
7. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes , garnish with lime and onion,serve with bathura.
2 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour or maida)
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons yogurt
2 tablespoons oil
Oil to fry
1/4 cup flour for rolling
1. Add salt to the flour and mix well. Then mix oil and yogurt with flour and make into soft dough; add water as needed to make soft pliable dough.
2. Cover the dough and keep in a warm place for 3-4 hours. Knead the dough well and divide the dough into equal parts.
3. Shape dough into balls and roll into roughly 6 or 7 inch circles. Dust lightly with dry flour to help with the rolling.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan on high heat
5. Place the Batura in the frying pan and press it with a skimmer. This will make batura puff like a ball. Fry bathura on both sides.
Posted by Namma Adige at 6:51 AM
We, Yashaswini and Jyothi who never entered kitchen and never knew how make a basic items to (not even coffee or Tea ;-)) before marraige now we are...well... say a good chef!!! We both were colleagues for one year at University of Mysore and our friendship still continues...even one is in US and other in Ireland.Far away...time difference...hmm..yet we both manage to chat and share recipes. And we both together thought of sharing to you all those recipes as many would be like us who didnt know cooking is so simple and easy!.And also we like to share some of the informaion we came to know while cooking say remedies,beautifying using our basic pantry.