Friday, July 31, 2009
A combination of honey and grape juice is highly beneficial for cough.
Gargling with warm spinach juice is very helpfull in dealing with dry cough.
Chew 4 leaves of holy basil and 4 black peppers to prevent cough and other respiratory aliments.
Mix equal amount of honey and lemon grass juice then drink to reduce the coughs.
Drinking mint tea with a little salt is beneficial in cough. This will completely remove cough.
If the cough is severe, take hot black coffee without milk. This is beneficial for the treatment of cough.
If you have cough, soar throat and a congested chest, take hot water with salt in it. Suck on a piece of turmeric. It will provide relief cough.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach, and has many possible causes.
Irregular or excessive eating, excessive intake of strong tea, coffee, or alcoholic drinks;
Worry, Anxiety, grief, and prolonged tension, Digestive Disorders, Improper bowel movements
Rice gruel is an excellent remedy for acute cases of gastritis
Fasting for two of three days or more and should adopt an all-fruit diet for the next three days and take juicy fruits such as apples, pears, grapes, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, peaches, and melons.
Pea size Ginger along with salt will also reduce the acid.
Chilled milk 5 minutes before food will reduce the pain.
Method for rice gruel: Take about 1 tablespoon rice, wash well and put in about 3 cups water. Let it cook. Stir from time to time. Add slightly more water as per thickness. In about 15 mins when the rice is cooked, mash it well into the water. Stir to a slightly thick consistency. Strain to eliminate film. Serve warm. The water will reduce in quantity on cooking the rice in it. This is expected
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
4 to 5 potatoes cooked
1 Onion chopped lengthwise
1 Tomato finely chopped
3 to 4 chillies chopped lengthwise
Ginger garlic paste (optional)
1. Heat oil in pan, crack mustard seeds, jeera, urid dhal. Then addcurry leaves, green chillies, onion, tomato and fry until tender.
2. Add 2 cups of tamarind extract and bring it to boil. Then add garam masala, salt
3. Add chopped potatoes and let it cook for few minutes then add half cup of yougurt mix well and leave it for few minutes in simmer.
4. Garnish with cilantro and serve with chapathi or bread.
1 grated carrot
1 grated raddish
3 to 4 green chillies finely chopped (optional)
3 cups of wheat flour
Ginger Garlic paste (optional)
1. In a bowl mix all the above ingredients and make a soft dough.
2. Leave it covered by damp cloth for half an hour.
3. Divide the dough and roll into chapathi and fry both the side on tawa.
4. Soft and healthy chapathi is ready to Serve.
1 Onion chopped
1 Tomato chopped
3 to 4 green chillies chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, cumin, urid, chana, green chillies , onion, tomato and fry few minutes.
2. Add pinch of turmeric, salt, pepper and mix well
3. Break the eggs directly into the pan and let the eggs start to set before stirring/scrambling this will give you large fluffier pieces otherwise smaller.
4. Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or chapthi.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
3 Bread slices
1 Boiled Egg
Tomato sliced small
Big Onion sliced small
1. Toast both the sides of the breads on tawa using butter. Make sure that the bread doesn’t become hard. Just a light toast is enough.
2. Take one of this bread and keep a cheese slice on top of it and Cut the boiled egg into small pieces and spread it over the cheese, sprinkle Black pepper on top.
3. Cover with other bread slice. On top of this slice add sliced cucumber, Onion, Tomato, Lettuce and apply Mayonnaise on top of these vegetables and cover using the third bread slice.
4. Press lightly together using your palm and serve.
Monday, July 27, 2009
The usual advice for sunscreen is:
* Apply it 30 minutes before going out.
* Reapply it whenever necessary - like you’re sweating or you’ve been in the ocean or pool.
* A Sunscreen Protection Factor [SPF] of 15-30 means that 94% of the sun’s rays are blocked.
* An SPF of 30+ means that 97% of the UV rays are blocked.
The best treatment for sunburn is aloe vera gel. It efficiently relieves the discomfort of sunburn and, in many cases, even stops the damaged skin from peeling.Break off a aloe eaf and split it open. Squeeze out the clear gel and apply to the burn. Put any excess gel into a jar and keep in the fridge to re-apply to the burn when needed.
Milk is also a good remedy for sunburn. To get relif apply on affected area using cloth.
Applying ice to burned area is also beneficial.
Mix 2 Spoons of honey with lime juice and apply over the sunburned area.
1 egg white, beaten
2 teaspoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
A few drops sweet almond oil
Combine ingredients and apply to face. Allow to remain on for 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Mash banana and apply the paste on your face. Keep it for at least 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your face with cold water. This also helps in treating your wrinkles.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Face mask for dry skin
Face mask for oily skin
Carrot Facial Mask
Orange Yogurt Mask
1 Table Spoon plain yogurt,
The juice of 1/4 of an orange
Stir to mix and then dip fingers into mixture and smooth onto face. The sensation is both cool and relaxing. Leave on for a five minutes and then rinse. If you are feeling sluggish, this is the perfect mask for you.
Friday, July 24, 2009
- Use a common whitening toothpaste. Try scrubbing your nails with Pearl Drops, it's just as easy as achieving a pearly white smile and will take away any stains and shine up your nails.
- Soak your nails in water with lemon juice or lemon slices. The lemon acts as an astringent and will strip away stains. Once your hands are dry, you'll only need to put on a couple of coats of a clear topcoat
We, Yashaswini and Jyothi who never entered kitchen and never knew how make a basic items to (not even coffee or Tea ;-)) before marraige now we are...well... say a good chef!!! We both were colleagues for one year at University of Mysore and our friendship still continues...even one is in US and other in Ireland.Far away...time difference...hmm..yet we both manage to chat and share recipes. And we both together thought of sharing to you all those recipes as many would be like us who didnt know cooking is so simple and easy!.And also we like to share some of the informaion we came to know while cooking say remedies,beautifying using our basic pantry.