Thursday, June 25, 2009
Dill Dal Sabzi n Samabar/ Sabasige soppu palya n Bassaaru
1 bunch Dill leaves
1.5cup Toor Dal
Garlic 4 pods chopped
Onion 1 chopped finely
Green chillies 2
Sambar powder 2tsp
1. Cook Toor Dal and Dill leaves with little turmeric and more
2. When dal is cooked drain the water from it and keep it aside.
3. Blend together 4Tblsp of cooked dal, garlic, coconut, sambar powder and
water to make smooth paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves.
5. Then add the masala paste, the drained water, tamarind extract, jaggery, salt and bring it to boil and keep simmer until done.
6. Garnish with Coriander leaves.
Dill Dal Sabzi
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, jeera, onion, green chillies, garlic, curry leaves and saute till onion is transparent.
2. Then add Dal and Dill leaves mixture with some salt.
3. Mix together and cook for few minutes.
We, Yashaswini and Jyothi who never entered kitchen and never knew how make a basic items to (not even coffee or Tea ;-)) before marraige now we are...well... say a good chef!!! We both were colleagues for one year at University of Mysore and our friendship still continues...even one is in US and other in Ireland.Far away...time difference...hmm..yet we both manage to chat and share recipes. And we both together thought of sharing to you all those recipes as many would be like us who didnt know cooking is so simple and easy!.And also we like to share some of the informaion we came to know while cooking say remedies,beautifying using our basic pantry.