Thursday, June 18, 2009
Vegetable Malai Kofta
2 to 3 boiled smash potatoes
5 to 6 beans steamed
2 Carrots steamed
3 to 4 finely chopped green chilies
Half cup green peas
Cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tablespoon all purpose flour (maida, plain flour)
4 tablespoon water
Oil to fry
pinch of asafetida (hing)
Cumin seeds (jeera)
2 medium tomatoes
Ginger Garlic Paste
1 teaspoon all purpose flour (maida, plain flour)
1/4 cup cream or yogurt
1. Mix all the ingredients together for kofta,
2. With oiled hands, divide the mixture into round equal parts.
3. Mix flour with about 4 tablespoons of water and mix well until batter is smooth.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
5. The frying pan should have at least 1 1/2 inch of oil.
6. Dip the balls in the batter one at a time and slowly drop into the frying pan.
7. Turn them occasionally. Fry koftas until golden-brown all around.
1. Blend the tomatoes, green chilies and ginger n Garlic to make a puree.
2. Mix cream or yugort and flour and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the hing , mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
4. Add the tomato puree, turmeric, red chili powder and cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
5. Tomato mixture will start leaving the oil and will reduce to about half in quantity.
6. Add milk and flour mix, salt and one cup of water and let it cook covered for 7 to 8 minutes on medium heat.
7. Add the garam masala, salt and cilantro. Let it cook for another minute.
8. Add koftas as soon it comes to boil turn off the heat.
9. Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve.
Posted by Namma Adige at 8:00 AM
We, Yashaswini and Jyothi who never entered kitchen and never knew how make a basic items to (not even coffee or Tea ;-)) before marraige now we are...well... say a good chef!!! We both were colleagues for one year at University of Mysore and our friendship still continues...even one is in US and other in Ireland.Far away...time difference...hmm..yet we both manage to chat and share recipes. And we both together thought of sharing to you all those recipes as many would be like us who didnt know cooking is so simple and easy!.And also we like to share some of the informaion we came to know while cooking say remedies,beautifying using our basic pantry.