Wednesday, July 15, 2009
1 Cup Toor dal or mung dal
Spinach / Palak
4 Green chillies
1 small tomato
Garam Masala or Sambar powder
1. Cook spinach and Dal with pinch of turmeric powder.
2. Heat oil add mustard, cumin, green chillies, onion and tomato fry until tender.
3. Then add tamarind extract bring it to boil.
4. Add Sambar powder,salt and sugar mix, then add cooked spinach and dal , mix well.
5. Add 1 cup of water and let it cook for few minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice or chapathi.
We, Yashaswini and Jyothi who never entered kitchen and never knew how make a basic items to (not even coffee or Tea ;-)) before marraige now we are...well... say a good chef!!! We both were colleagues for one year at University of Mysore and our friendship still continues...even one is in US and other in Ireland.Far away...time difference...hmm..yet we both manage to chat and share recipes. And we both together thought of sharing to you all those recipes as many would be like us who didnt know cooking is so simple and easy!.And also we like to share some of the informaion we came to know while cooking say remedies,beautifying using our basic pantry.