Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Methi Mung Dhal
Sprouted Mung dhal
Toor dhal cooked
Methi / fenugreek leave 1 bunch
1 onion chopped lengthwise
1 tomato chopped lengthwise
Sambar powder or garam masala
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, jeera, onion, curry leaves, tomato, sprouted mung one by one and fry for few minutes.
2. Then add the methi leaves and fry
3. Add tamarind extract, bring it to boil. Then add salt, sambar powder, pinch of sugar and turmeric powder then add cooked dhal, mix well.
4. Add one cup of water and cook for few minutes.
5. Serve with rice or chapathi.
Posted by Namma Adige at 3:16 AM
We, Yashaswini and Jyothi who never entered kitchen and never knew how make a basic items to (not even coffee or Tea ;-)) before marraige now we are...well... say a good chef!!! We both were colleagues for one year at University of Mysore and our friendship still continues...even one is in US and other in Ireland.Far away...time difference...hmm..yet we both manage to chat and share recipes. And we both together thought of sharing to you all those recipes as many would be like us who didnt know cooking is so simple and easy!.And also we like to share some of the informaion we came to know while cooking say remedies,beautifying using our basic pantry.