Monday, August 3, 2009
Wheat flour - 3 cups
Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves) - 1 bunch
2 to 3 Green chillies (optional)
Ginger Garlic paste (optional)
Salt - 1/4 tspn or to taste
1. Mix all the above ingredients and make soft dough.
2. Place the dough in a vessel and cover it with a lid for an hour.
3. After that make small balls of the dough and roll it into flat and round shaped chapathi sheets. Apply flour if the dough sticks while rolling.
4. Heat a Tawa. place the chapathi on it and turn after few seconds.
5. Apply a tspn of oil over the chapathi and Press chapathi with a spatula which will help the chapathi to rise. Flip to the other side and do the same.
6. Turn chapathi for every few seconds till both sides are cooked. Remove from heat and serve with chutney or any side dish.
Posted by Namma Adige at 8:10 AM
We, Yashaswini and Jyothi who never entered kitchen and never knew how make a basic items to (not even coffee or Tea ;-)) before marraige now we are...well... say a good chef!!! We both were colleagues for one year at University of Mysore and our friendship still continues...even one is in US and other in Ireland.Far away...time difference...hmm..yet we both manage to chat and share recipes. And we both together thought of sharing to you all those recipes as many would be like us who didnt know cooking is so simple and easy!.And also we like to share some of the informaion we came to know while cooking say remedies,beautifying using our basic pantry.