Friday, August 7, 2009
Punjabi Malai Dhal
1 cup Mung dhal soaked overnight
2 cups Spinach/palak chopped
3 to 4 Green chillies chopped lengthwise
½ Tomato chopped
1 onion chopped
Ginger Garlic paste
Salt to taste
1. Cook soaked Mung gram,chopped spinach, tomatoes, slit green chillies and turmeric in a cooker.
2. Heat ghee in a pan. Add the cumin seeds, jeera, onion, gingergarlic paste and sauté for a minute.
3. Add the cooked gram and spinach to this and bring to a simmering boil.
4. Add salt and a pinch of sugar. Then add 2 Tea spoons of besan , mix well and bring to a boil
5. Then add the lightly beaten plain yoghurt or curd or malai. Simmer for a minute
6. Serve hot with rice or chapathi or rotis.
Posted by Namma Adige at 3:38 AM
We, Yashaswini and Jyothi who never entered kitchen and never knew how make a basic items to (not even coffee or Tea ;-)) before marraige now we are...well... say a good chef!!! We both were colleagues for one year at University of Mysore and our friendship still continues...even one is in US and other in Ireland.Far away...time difference...hmm..yet we both manage to chat and share recipes. And we both together thought of sharing to you all those recipes as many would be like us who didnt know cooking is so simple and easy!.And also we like to share some of the informaion we came to know while cooking say remedies,beautifying using our basic pantry.